Upgrade from Version 1.3.1 to 1.4
We have 6 steps below that must be followed sequentially to successfully upgrades an installed, unmodified, playSMS version 1.3.1 to playSMS version 1.4.
Essentially upgrades means that:
- You backup old files and database
- Then you get the new version and replace all old files
- Then you remove unused plugins
- Then you upgrade the database with SQL upgrade file from new version
Skim this page from top to bottom before start. Follow them correctly and in order.
Stop current playSMS daemon
sudo playsmsd stop sudo playsmsd check
Backup everything related to installed playSMS 1.3.1
Backup playSMS database:
playSMS DB as SQL file, example DB name is
mysqldump -u root -p --add-drop-table playsms > playsms.sql
Please note that the option
--add-drop-tableabove is very important, do not miss it.
Backup playSMS files and folders:
- playSMS daemon script at
- playSMS daemon config at
- playSMS files at web folder
- Backup process is very important
- Do not continue if you have any hesitation
- Ask a lot if you have doubt
- You must make sure that you know how to restore them
Copy files from playSMS version 1.4 to replace old files
playsms-1.4.tar.gzfrom Sourceforge, visit playSMS Download for more information.
Run below commands to extract downloaded playSMS and replace old files:
sudo tar -zxf playsms-1.4.tar.gz -C /usr/local/src ls -l /usr/local/src/ cd /usr/local/src/playsms-1.4/ sudo cp -rR web/* /var/www/html/playsms sudo cp daemon/linux/bin/playsmsd.php /usr/local/bin/playsmsd chmod +x /usr/local/bin/playsmsd
SQL upgrade file is available on
mysql -uroot -p playsms < /usr/local/src/playsms-1.4/db/playsms-upgrade_1.3.1_to_1.4.sql
Start playSMS daemon, and make sure its started (PIDS are displayed)
sudo playsmsd start sudo playsmsd check
Verify installation after upgrade